Intensive Review of Nephrology
The Comprehensive Clinical Update and Board Review
Intensive Review of Nephrology will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
With over 70 interactive lectures, case discussions, board preparation sessions, and supplementary lectures, this CME program provides a comprehensive review of state-of-the-art nephrology practices offered by the clinical faculty of Harvard Medical School.
It offers accelerated learning for:
► Clinicians seeking a practical and comprehensive review that ensures they are up to date across all major areas of nephrology:
- The latest options for diagnosis: what to choose, when, and why
- Current evidence-based treatment and care management strategies to optimize patient outcomes
- Improved approaches to common and complex clinical challenges
- Navigating clinical controversies
- How to avoid medical mistakes
- Click here for details
► Physicians preparing to certify or recertify who seek a thorough, proven preparatory course in advance of their taking the Nephrology ABIM board examination:
- Daily board review questions and sessions
- Sessions to guide efficient preparation and study
- Comprehensive syllabus and home study guide
- Click here for details
Incorporating recent advances in renal medicine into day-to-day practice enables PHYSICIANS, NPs and PAs to deliver optimal patient care and improve patient outcomes. The challenge for most clinicians is that the amount of new information can be overwhelming, and determining what is relevant and important cannot always be readily ascertained.
Intensive Review of Nephrology synthesizes this information and presents it efficiently and effectively to ensure you are current with state-of-the-art practices and the best ways to apply them to the diagnosis and treatment of your patients.
► For those who are preparing to certify or recertify, we complement this education with board examination preparation.
This special nephrology course spans all areas of nephrology. Sessions are led by nationally renowned speakers who are experts in their respective fields of nephrology. Highlights include:
- ELECTROLYTES and ACID BASE
- ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY
- CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- GENETIC KIDNEY DISEASE
- VASCULAR DISEASE
- END-STAGE RENAL DISEASE
- CANCER and the KIDNEY
- PREGNANCY and RENAL DISEASE
- POINT-OF-CARE RENAL ULTRASOUND
In the course of a week, you get an accelerated learning experience that is impactful and inspiring.
Highlights of the 2022 program include:
- Genetic testing for improved prognosis and selection of therapy
- Introduction to point-of-care ultrasound: fundamentals for optimal image acquisition and accurate interpretation
- Physical exam of the dialysis access
- Expanding the role of SGLT2i in diabetic and non-diabetic kidney disease
- Cases in cryptonephrology
- The new fundamentals in immunology and nephrology (it’s not just for transplant patients)
This year, we will hear from special keynote speaker Robert Montgomery, MD, PhD, Director of the NYU Langone Transplant Institute. His talk will be live streamed on Wednesday, August 10, at 8:05 AM (EDT), and he will discuss Pig-to-Human Xenotransplantation: NYU Langone Health's Experience.
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2022 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 30 days after the end of the course.